Junior Software Developer
Are you ready to make your mark in the dynamic world of Formula 1? As a Junior Software Developer, you'll play a pivotal role in supporting and developing critical applications for the F1 Championship and its support series. Join a small yet innovative team and help create cutting-edge products that redefine the race.
- Contribute proactively to the support and enhancement of existing applications vital to the F1 Championship's timing and production.
- Innovate by collaborating on the development of new products within a dynamic team environment.
- Master all systems and be ready to contribute to bug fixing, development, and testing across the entire software landscape.
- Maintain rigorous development standards aligned with business processes.
- Ensure code quality through commenting, unit testing, and documentation.
- Engage in group activities including demonstrations, design reviews, and system architecting.
- Develop a versatile skill set to cover all facets of the F1 software ecosystem.
- Provide technical support at race weekends in Biggin Hill and Trackside during the racing season.
- Adapt to flexible working hours to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Possess Microsoft or Cloud (Azure/AWS) developer certifications.
- Showcase experience in .Net development using C#.
- Proficiency in developing software with tools like Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code.
- Proven expertise in web or Windows desktop application development.
- Experience in low-latency network-based applications, such as multiplayer games.
- Familiarity with languages like C++, C, or Delphi.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Linq and functional programming practices in C#.
- Understanding of asynchronous programming paradigms like async/await.
- Familiarity with core OOP concepts, patterns, and distributed event-based architectures.
- Proficiency in TCP/IP principles and Pub/Sub mechanisms.
- Working knowledge of microservice architectures and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g., MSSQL/PostgreSQL).
- Ability to write and maintain automated tests (unit or integration).
- Familiarity with CI/CD practices and AGILE development philosophies.
- Comfortable with code source control, such as GIT.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge F1 projects
- Personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
Join the Formula 1 Family
Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Apply now and embrace the fast-paced world of Formula 1. Our assessment process starts soon, so make sure to submit your application without delay. Propel your career to the next level with Formula 1, where innovation and excellence are the driving forces behind every lap.