Are you a driven Data Scientist looking for a dynamic and impactful role? NewDay, located at the iconic King's Cross office in London, is offering an exciting opportunity for you to contribute to a transformative data science team.
NewDay is a leading name in the world of credit, helping people move forward and fostering the growth of our colleagues' careers. We power over 120 million transactions annually with our highly flexible and multi-product digital credit engine. Our brands include Aqua, marbles, fluid, and Bip, and we partner with renowned brands like John Lewis, AO, Argos, and DEKO. We pride ourselves on award-winning customer service, supporting over 5 million UK customers.
Join a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
At NewDay, we celebrate diversity and embrace inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a vibrant and authentic work culture. We encourage every colleague to bring their authentic selves to work, and we accommodate individuals with disabilities or caring responsibilities throughout the application and interview process.
Experience the NewDay Culture
Our distinctive culture at NewDay encourages innovation and teamwork. We're committed to aiming high, supporting one another, doing the right thing, and building for the future. We invest in our colleagues with competitive salaries and bonuses tied to your impact and values. Our flexible working approach, NewWork, empowers you to manage your work/life balance effectively. You can enjoy free healthy breakfast, fresh juices, lunch, and barista coffee in our office. We offer tax-efficient green car and cycle to work schemes to save you money and help the planet. Additionally, you'll receive 26 days of holiday and can buy up to 5 more days after probation.
Join as a Junior Data Scientist
As a Junior Data Scientist at NewDay, you will:
- Utilize sophisticated statistical and machine learning techniques to identify new trends and relationships in data.
- Work with a variety of data sources, both internal and external, to create new value for NewDay and its customers.
- Deliver quality and detailed data science outputs, with comprehensive follow-up as needed.
- Develop expertise in relevant data resources within NewDay and the broader Credit Industry.
- Support models throughout their lifecycle, ensuring compliance with internal procedures and standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
- A BSc or higher university degree in a data science related field (e.g., machine learning, statistics, mathematics).
- Proficiency in statistical data modeling techniques.
- Proficiency with Python, including experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, etc.
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills, including data cleaning and management.
- Experience in data visualization and communication.
- Ability to work with raw datasets and perform data wrangling before modeling.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Seize Your Next Career Move
At NewDay, you'll have the opportunity to advance your career within our Expert or Leader career pathway. We provide regular and open feedback to help you build the capabilities needed for your next step.
Ready to Shape the Future with Data at NewDay? Contact us at email@example.com
At NewDay, we believe in the power of data to drive progress, and your contribution can make a real impact. Don't wait; apply today and embark on an exciting journey with us!