Are you passionate about leveraging data to make a positive impact on the environment and human health? Do you have a keen interest in atmospheric science and a drive for innovation? If you possess strong analytical skills and a desire to tackle air quality challenges, we have an exciting opportunity for you at EarthSense.
As a Data Scientist at EarthSense, you will play a vital role in ensuring data quality operations across our global operations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Anomaly Detection: Review data collected from our extensive network of sensors, identifying anomalies and areas for improvement.
- Metrics Development: Create quality metrics for our modelled data products and continuously monitor their performance.
- Algorithm Enhancement: Develop and implement new algorithms to enhance air quality measurements obtained from our Zephyr data monitors.
- Global Measurements Comparison: Review global measurements where reference-grade data is available for direct comparison.
- Testing and Validation: Oversee and manage the testing of new algorithms against reference instrumentation.
To excel in this role, we are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and attributes:
- Analytical Expertise: Strong grasp of analytical techniques, including error analysis and linear and non-linear fitting routines.
- Statistical Proficiency: Highly numerate with the ability to leverage a wide range of statistical and analytical tools to optimize data quality in a varied and statistically noisy environment.
- Data Analysis and Automation: Ability to use APIs to gather data into a custom analytical environment, create automated methodologies for assessing and auditing data quality.
- Effective Communication: Ability to communicate findings effectively within a fast-paced team environment, propose improvements to operational systems.
- Code and Data Management: Proficiency in managing code and data within a structured operational environment (e.g., GitHub) and collaborating with colleagues for robust peer review.
- Office 365 Skills: Excellent skills within Office 365, including the use of Excel for quick data review and presentation.
By joining EarthSense as a Data Scientist, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a collaborative work environment, and the opportunity to contribute to solving global air quality challenges. We foster personal and professional growth, and your innovative contributions will shape the future of our company and the well-being of communities worldwide.
- £30,000 salary
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to make a real difference. Apply now to become a part of our dedicated team and contribute to a healthier and cleaner planet.