BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, engineers and designers working together to create outstanding 'places for people'. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, Singapore, US and Canada. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1000 awards for design quality.
- Be creative: We are passionate about good design. Curious by nature we are thought leaders, innovators and early adopters of new technologies. In a constantly changing world we create clever solutions which add value for our clients.
- Be user inspired: We place people at the centre of our thinking. The best designs spring from fusing people, activity and place to produce experiences which are unique, inspiring and surprising.
- Be collaborative: Founded on the idea of interdisciplinary working, a one-team ethos is fundamental to our approach. Within our studios different professions are encouraged to spark off each other and deliver innovation through collaboration.
- Be supportive: We respect and care for each other and the world we inhabit. Our design community nurtures the skills of talented people within a stimulating environment to support our evolving practice and consistently produce great work for our clients.
- Be organised: Excellent design comes from excellent management. We eliminate risks to our projects and take pride in running a sustainable and profitable business delivering the highest level of service to our clients.
- Our BDP Belonging network, which represents all areas of diversity and is steered by a group of employee representatives from across the practice, defines and drives forward our equity, inclusion and diversity agenda.
- BDP Belonging provide guidance and advice to the business related to strategy, policies, recruitment, education and training to ensure we achieve greater inclusivity and understanding across the practice.
- When we design, we do so with the full range of human diversity in mind, enabling a complete spectrum of participation from all aspects of society and our own inclusive design consultancy Human Space specialises in accessibility, inclusion and wellness advice offering our clients a range of assessment, benchmarking, research and design services.